Lifetime risk of breast cancer is 1 in 8 (12.5%)
The following people should be referred to secondary care for assessment of their breast cancer risk:
- First degree female relative with breast Ca under 40yrs
- First degree male relative any age
- First degree relative with bilateral breast ca first cancer diagnosed under 50yrs
- Two first degree, or one first and one second degree relative diagnosed with breast ca ant age
- One first or second degree relative diagnosed with breast ca and one first or second degree relative diagnosed with ovarian ca at any age (one should be a first degree relative)
- Three first or second degree relatives diagnosed with breast cancer at any age.